Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Poem To Cousin Gary from Cindy

On January 22, 1958
Gary Brian Kenney is born
On June 16, 2008
An entire family now mourns.

Like a busy little bee
Gary was always a buzzin'
Fixin', ridin', workin', playin'
I am sad, I miss you, dear cousin.

Visits to Gary's were never boring;
Actually quite the adventure,
My kids loved your toys and especially,
Your stories about your work at the Space Center.

There are so many things
I wish we could have done
Like the bike week ride with Kevin
Would have been #1.

I am so sorry I didn't come see you
When I was down in June,
But I never thought for a moment
That you would be taken from us so soon.

As you now walk on Heaven's shore,
Hand in hand with Jesus;
It's still so hard to comprehend
That you are no longer with us.

Your decision to accept Christ
So many years ago,
Gives me great peace because
I'll see you again, I know.

I love you! From, Cindy

No comments: