Thursday, June 17, 2010

Two Year Anniversary of Gary’s Murder



Two Year Anniversary of Gary’s Murder
Here we are, the second anniversary of Gary’s murder. Things haven’t changed much, we have never gone back to eat at Sonny’s Barbecue on Courtney Parkway since that fateful fathers day June 15th 2008 gathering there, to many bad memories.
We still miss Gary as much as ever, we still think he will stop here on the way home from work some day.
Rubin Nero’s trial hasn’t taken place yet, it was scheduled for
February and was postponed again.
June 16th will be the two year anniversary of Gary’s murder. The last time I saw Gary alive was Father’s Day June 15th. I’ll never forget that Fathers Day. This year Fathers Day falls on June 20th. Fathers day will be a reminder of Gary for the rest of my life. I thought I would be over Gary’s murder by this time, but I’m still not over it. This tragedy has affected everyone in the family in different ways.
Every time I am out in my car going somewhere and I see a place where Gary and I stopped for some reason, I think of Gary .
When I go past the Jumping Flea Market on Rt. 1, I remember Gary and me going there almost every Saturday after we went to the yard sales.When I drive down A1A, I look at the Dunkin-Donuts and remember, Gary picked me up after one of the hurricanes and we drove around looking at the damage, he stopped at Dunkin-Donuts and they came out and told him not to park there as the mansard roof was coming off and it might fall on his truck, I remember this every time I pass that Dunkin-Donuts.When I see some debris on the side of the road I think, Gary would stop and see what that is.Different neighborhoods had a different meaning to Gary, he never forgot where he had gotten some bargain, and always wanted to go back to yard sales there.
When we go to Port Canaveral I remember Gary taking Jack and me out fishing in his jet boat and wanting to go out into the ocean in that little boat, I talked him out of that one.Every time I see a motorcycle like Gary’s coming down Rt. 3 from the Space center in the afternoon or when I‘m at the pool or hear a motorcycle come into the park, I still think or look to see if it’s Gary.I just had to take my car to the mechanics shop for service, I thought to myself, Gary would have done that for me.
At night I wake up thinking of Gary, I stop and think of all the great preachers the Lord has seen fit to let me meet and hear, I try to think of all of their names and their messages and sometimes I can fall back to sleep.
Sometimes I get depressed when I think of these things, then I turn to the Lord who lost his son for no reason except for his love of sinful men, and say thanks Lord to the for the time you gave me with Gary.
A comment from Amanda;
I do that too: whenever I pass a motorcycle anywhere on the island actually, I always, always look to see if it's him. Well, I know it isn't I just want it to be so bad so I'll find something similar like "dads helmet was that color.." Or i pulled up next to this much older guy who looked was looking cool on his motorcycle like one dad had and he sat there and revved it like a hot shot the whole time to remind all the other cars what he had and that he would be out of there as soon as that light was green. Definitely dad. :)August 7, 2009 5:16 AM

No comments: