Thursday, January 15, 2009

THE LAST TIME I SAW GARY ALIVE

The last time I saw Gary Alive, Sunday June 15th [Fathers Day], Gary made arrangements to meet us [Helen and Me] at Sonny’s Barbeque on Merritt Island to give me my fathers day gift, with his family. We had a pleasant lunch and met others whom we know from church and had fellowship with them. Gary did not know that Darryl was out of prison, we didn’t know either, the only time I locked my doors when I went out was when Darryl was out of prison. I do now, my life has been changed for the worse.Helen asked sharon if she had heard from Darryl, she said "no".Monday June 16th Helen went into the closet to get something and noticed that the guns that Gary had stored here because he was afraid of Darryl breaking into his house and getting the guns as he had several times previously.We wanted to get in touch with Gary at work but were told by Sharon that we couldn’t because he was out in the field. We wanted to ask Gary if he had come to our house and retrieved the guns. Helen called Gary at home repeatedly and around 5:00 PM he finally called us back when he got home from work. I told him the guns were missing and he told me that he hadn’t taken them and to call the police. I called the Merritt Island Sheriff’s office and they sent a Deputy to our house. I gave the deputy the serial numbers of the guns that were stolen, while I was talking to the deputy Gary called to tell me his truck was missing. I told the deputy that he would be receiving a call about a brown Ford truck that was stolen.The deputy said even though I was the victim of the crime, he had to talk to Gary because he was the owner of the guns. I gave him Gary’s phone number and he left, he called a few minutes later and asked I had another number he could reach Gary at because he didn’t answer the phone I told him that was the only number Gary had and he said “I’ll have to go to his house and talk to him. If you read the newspaper article in this blog you know the rest of the story.

No comments: